Your Location:About xi'an
Xi'an, ancient name of Changan and Jingzhao, is one of the four world-famous ancient capitals since civilization. It ranks first in the four ancient capitals of China with most dynasties establishing their capitals in Xi'an in Chinese history.Xi'an is the birthplace of Chinese civilization, the cradle of the Chinese nation, and an outstanding representative of Chinese culture. It is the world historic city identified by the UNESCO, one of the national historical and cultural cities published by the State Council, and the world famous tourist destination. Xi'an, as a representative of one of the regions of the Eastern world history and culture, have been visited by more than 200 Heads of State and leaders, including the Secretary-General of the United Nations, the President of the United States, the Japanese emperor, the German chancellor, the French president and the British Prime Minister. "The city's history is the history of the nation."Xi'an, an ancient capital in Chinese history and culture, has become the hallmark of Chinese culture entrenched with generations of grace and elegance.
Centrally located in West China,Xi'an is well connected and enjoys transportation advantage in Shaanxi Province. Linking two major economic regions of China, namely central and West China Xi'an provides easy access to Central China, North China and East China. On the regional economic scale,Xi'an is the biggest western central city along the new Eurasian Continental Bridgesection of the Longhailanxin Railway economic belt. It is the bridgehead for the implementation of western economic development strategies and is in a prime position connecting east and west, north and south.Xi'an is an important traffic hub in Shaanxi Province being one of the biggest node cities in national trunk road network, one of the eight major aviation hubs in China and one of the eight communications hubs in the world.
As one of the cradles of Chinese civilization,Xi'an is a city with long history and heavy cultural heritage. It is among the first batch of national historical and cultural cities recognised by the People's Republic of China. As one of the world's four major ancient civilization (Xi'an,Rome,Cairo,Athens),Xi'an has unique tourism resources.Xi'an is surrounded by more than 120 imperial tombs and relics including the Terracotta Warriors, which is known as "the eighth wonder of the world" and Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, which is among the first batch of Chinese relic listed in World Heritage List. The ancient city wall of Xi'an is the world's best preserved and largest ancient city wall. In recent years, the development of Han Yangling caused quite a stir in the world. The nude color figurines unearthed is known as the "Oriental Venus. The city has Banpo Ruins with 6,000 years of history and over 300 Tibetan stone tablets made in the Ming Dynasty.Shaanxi History Museum preserves the most heritage of the country. The famous Giant Wild Goose Pagoda, the Great Mosque, Mausoleum of the Yellow Emperor and other tombs are great attractions for tourists. In addition, the Xi'an has marvelous natural landscape in cluding Huashan Mountain,Taibai Mountain,Wangshunshan Mountain,Lishan Mountain and other scenic spots are ideal places for travel. With its rich cultural and natural landscape, this ancient city provides many reasons for visitors to be captivated.
Xi'an has a rich Northwest style cuisine. Chinese hamburger, crude pancake in mutton soup, cold noddle, Qishan noodle with pork and dumpling feast are famous. You can find many restaurants selling crude pancake in mutton soup in every street, the most famous one is Mr. Sun's crude pancake in mutton soup restaurant. In addition, Xi'an Dumpling Feast is also a major feature of the Xi'an. The most famous one is on the Jiefang Road. Moreover, Tianjin Dumpling House, Defachang Dumpling Restaurant, Yongxin Dumpling Restaurant and other several restaurants are also serve their own distinctive dishes. You can also go to the Hui Community Snack Streetto enjoy local food and where you can find quaint antique buildings on both sides of the street and taste a variety of well-known Xi'an snacks.
1. Xi'an is a monsoon climate city. It has a relatively dry winter and visitors are advised to drink adequately.
2. Due to the big differences in eating habits and climate of the South and the North, please be equipped with some drugs for prevention or curing of cold and diarrhea.
3, Huashan Mountain is made of granite and the mountain roads are mostly stone roads. When climbing, please wear flat shoes (sneakers and hiking shoes).
4.Huashan Mountainis knows for its steepness and the roads are narrow. Please bring a raincoat during the rainy season.
5.Xi'an is an international tourist city of the western region with large crowd from all part of the country and world. It is advisable to travel with friends, especially at night.
6. The Hui Community Snack Street is a gathering place for Muslim who believe in Islam and observe a Halal diet (do not eat pork). Please respect their faith.
7. Yan'an and Yulin are the old revolutionary regions that have in recent years they have developed rapidly and saw major urban construction projects. The food there has unique flavor, and you can enjoy various northern Shaanxi special snacks such as Qingjian pancakes, Jhenchuan sausage and other tasty delightful food.
8. The return distance between Yan'an (Hukou) and Xi'an is 1100 km. Please carry some drugs to prevent motion sickness during the long travel.
9. There is great difference in temperature between day and night in Xi'an and Yan'an in September and October; the average temperature is 18-26 degrees. You can wear short-sleeved T-shirts at noon but please bring a long-sleeved jacket for a night out. The average temperature is 1-12 degrees in November and December; the weather is dry.